Deputy CEO (CEO Designate)
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Location: Chester, UK
Salary: Circa £70,000 (DOE) + Executive benefits package
Application date: 24th Mar 2017
An experienced senior business manager is required for this world leading design and manufacturing business. Part of a global corporation, this company supplies advanced technology, downhole data logging equipment, services and plant. Having established an enviable reputation for innovation and reliability the company is recognised as the go to supplier of data logging monitoring equipment. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing UK business with the full intention that you will take over the running of the company from the present CEO who will be retiring within the next few years.
To be successful in this role you must have a demonstrable track record of delivering profitable growth within the field of data logging equipment or services gained within the oil & gas, geotechnical, water or mineral exploration sectors. This position will require good communication skills and a strong technical engineering background gained within a specialist electromechanical, scientific equipment environment. As the position expands you will assume full responsibility for the business and the sales/marketing, production and design/development functions.
To be considered for the Deputy CEO position you must have:
– At least 5 years’ experience working as a Senior Manager, Country Manager, Operations Manager within the field of mineral exploration, Oil & Gas, geotechnical, water, civil engineering, mining, wireline and data logging services.
– A thorough understanding of the geotechnical and mineral exploration sectors on an international basis.
– A strong technical/engineering background, degree qualified in a suitable discipline, which could be mechanical, electrical/electronic, mining, civil or science based, physics, chemistry, geophysics, geology.
– A post degree Masters qualification – an MBA would be considered a real asset for this role.
– Strong industry connections with a reputation based on delivery and exceeding customer expectations.
– Significant people management and leadership experience, will lead by example, setting high standards with excellent project management skills.
– Experience of generating new sales and building a solid sales pipeline.
– Dynamic, driven and entrepreneurial with the ability to take responsibility for a successful innovative business and build on its excellent engineering reputation.
This will be a challenging and rewarding role and presents a unique opportunity to work with and learn from the existing CEO, but also to bring your own management style into the business. The role is highly visible and “hands on”. As an SME you will get involved in all facets of the business. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established and profitable business with a unique product offering and a solid reputation for quality and reliability.
If you are up for the challenge, this high profile role will require solid engineering and technical credentials together with a high level of business acumen and an ability to sell advanced downhole, wireline, data logging equipment and services.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail then please call 01384 446 113 and ask for Simon Roberts or alternatively please send your email and covering letter to email@example.com