Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Location: Melton Mowbray
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Application date: 30th Nov 2018
Your new company
Based on a 10 acre site in rural Leicestershire, this business has been developing and creating by hand premium, product ranges since 1998. They continue to go from strength to strength, maintaining their market leading position through monitoring customer and market trends, working hard to ensure they are innovative and dynamic in their approach – offering a diverse product range from high volume retail lines to more artisan, hand crafted products. They are constantly looking for new ideas and the development team works closely with customers to deliver truly differentiated and exciting new products. This could not be done without the high integrity of their talented and experienced teams, a number of whom have worked for the business since the day it was born and 37% of which have over 5 years service.
Your new role
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for, people, maintenance of all plant, building’s and services, through effective area management.
Your main duties will include:
• Responsible for H&S
• Direct management support for the maintenance manager
• Trend, root cause analysis and objective setting
• Ensuring all equipment and plant are effectively maintained utilising stores and associated engineering systems
• Plan and deliver team training requirements in line with business objectives
• Ensure compliance with customer requirements, PIU, BRC and internal
• Ensure departmental training falls in line with business need.
• KPI management and publication
• Contractor management
• Budget cost centre management
• Service contract ownership and implementation.
• NPT reduction and action planning.
• Directly support the site’s long term strategy.
• Manage own self to meet company objectives to agreed timescales.
What you’ll need to succeed
You have manufacturing experience in a supervisory/management position, with machinery based knowledge across mechanical/electrical and utilities. You are experienced in maintenance systems and have a good understanding of MS Office – Excel, Word & Powerpoint. You can also demonstrate previous experience of supervision/management of people, you can articulate ideas and objectives across all functions ensuring understanding and a negotiated delivery of objective. You can accurately produce detailed financial documents and reports. This is a results driven role which requires flexibility and self-management of time to meet the objectives.
What you’ll get in return
You will be offered a salary of up to £50k depending on experience and a flexible benefits package including Retirement Savings Plan which is a defined contribution pension scheme, life assurance and 32 days holiday per year (inclusive of national bank holidays). There is also a staff restaurant and onsite parking. You will be joining a reputable, innovative business that can offer you excellent career prospects and job security and satisfaction.