Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £65,000 - £75,000 p.a. + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Application date: 23rd Jun 2017
This leading global industrial engineering and manufacturing business is looking to appoint an experienced Engineering Manager with a proven background in leading and managing NPD Projects and manage then Design and Development Teams to deliver world leading products into a variety of sectors and a truly global customer base.
Managing a team of up to 10 direct reports across multiple UK facilities, reporting directly to the European Engineering Director you will lead the engineering teams and drive the implementation and adherence to best in class standardised procedures and processes you will be involved in the following key tasks;
• Ensuring the development of products and the investigation into new technologies to improve competitive advantage and market/product leadership.
• Operate within a cross-functional and global matrix management structure, supporting both Operational and Functional objective achievement.
• Lead and manage NPD projects within the diverse technology areas and in alignment with the standardized Company processes and policies.
• Coordinate and support VA/VE projects linked into the overall Business needs and target
• Lead and manage individual Sustaining Engineering teams per site to fully support all functional/customer driven Business demands.
• Investigate and work into new product strategies in conjunction with the Product Line Teams. Seek and support opportunities for margin expansion and exercise if possible to maximise revenue.
• Ensure the understanding, implementation and compliance with all relevant technical standards and legal directives.
• Lead the Engineering team and provide direction, motivation and leadership through the application of sound management practices including Performance Appraisals, Management reviews and where necessary Disciplinary action.
• Plan`s and manages the engineering team to make efficient use of time and resources.
• Ensure technical documentation/information is available/produced for customers, service, sales and marketing.
With a minimum of a HNC in Mechanical Engineering of similar and a background in mechanical design and development / projects you will have a strong mix of the following skills and experience;
• Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated ability to effectively manage and develop a diverse team of people, and facilitate effective cross-cultural and global business inter-action.
• Strong interpersonal skills with good negotiating and influencing capabilities at all levels.
• Strong Drive for results and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines & achieve targets
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing work requirements and multiple projects
• Any exposure to cast metal components and systems and or Hydraulics / Pneumatics would be highly advantageous
• This position offers the opportunity to take leadership of a busy engineering team within a global engineering and production business where the only limitation on your career on a truly international basis is your own drive and desire to develop.
To apply please forward an up to date copy of your CV for the attention of Matt Harris email@example.com