Head of Engineering
Recruiter: Evans Taylor
Salary: £65,000 + to 75,000 pa plus bonus and benefits
Application date: 24th Aug 2018
Part of a truly international organisation, employing in excess of 137,000 people across 32 countries, our client is the largest factory of its kind in the world. With outstanding brand recognition, they manufacture both branded and own label short shelf life food products to all of the leading supermarkets and key Out of Home customers. They have a market leading position within this dynamic industry.
The market remains strong with future opportunities to exploit and as growth remains firmly on the agenda, we are looking to appoint an outstanding Head of Engineering to lead a substantial change programme and take an engineering function to truly world class status.
• Outstanding opportunity to lead transformational engineering activities for this significant site, in an organisation poised for substantial growth and further investment.
• As part of the senior management and leadership team – to be the Ambassador for high quality engineering standards and transform the Engineering discipline to a best in class function.
• You will drive a high performance agenda and manage broad engineering activities including; plant layouts, CAPEX, tooling, machine maintenance/utilisation, continuous improvement activities covering (i.e. TPM, SMED, set up reduction etc), new product development initiatives etc.
•Drive the development of continuous improvement in new manufacturing processes focusing on methods of manufacture, process efficiencies and identification of cost savings/avoidance.
• To maximise the uptime of the factory both internally and externally, focusing on right first time principles.
• To provide direction and support to the manufacturing engineering team, managing and facilitating staff performance and ensuring department structure and skills are developed to meet changing job requirements.
• This unique position demands an exceptional manufacturing engineering professional, who is seeking a highly visible role and you will relish the opportunity to develop your career in an organisation, where exceptional opportunities exist for high class performers.
• Ideally degree qualified and results driven, you must be able to set, monitor and appropriately manage the achievement of business targets. Must have a ‘find a way’ mentality and approach.
• You will currently be operating in a best in class food manufacturing organisation where complexity (process, volume, changeovers etc) is part and parcel of everyday life. Experience of a daily fresh operation/short shelf life products would be a distinct advantage.
• As such, you are likely to have strong experience within the morning goods/food2go category i.e. baked goods, sandwiches, breads, pastries, continental, cakes, biscuits, soups and ready-made meals etc.
• Driven, resilient and credible, you will set standards and have the enthusiasm and capability to drive performance through your team and instil world class engineering standards and principles into the organisation.
Please reply with full CV and current salary details. Candidates who fail to respond in this manner cannot be considered. Quote reference number 15/267 to; firstname.lastname@example.org