Head of Manufacturing Operations
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Application date: 29th Oct 2018
Delicious, Quality and Authentic are the main ingredients to our client’s success. This multi award winning manufacturer are a young, entrepreneurial business going from strength to strength. In just 3 years, their products are now found in Waitrose, Salisbury’s and Ocado to name but a few.
Their hand made products have a strong customer base and so to keep up with the ever-growing demand, we are now in search of a Head of Manufacturing Operations to lead the factory team. Reporting to the Operations Director and a Co-founder of the business, you will be pivotal in the success and strategic growth of this exciting brand.
The Head of Manufacturing Operations will provide the strategic direction and development for the function needed to support the ambitious growth plans for the business. You will also have responsibility for the day to day leadership of all manufacturing operations, continuous improvement plans and facility management.
About the role
• Be responsible for all manufacturing and operational matters including production planning, within the business ensuring that all activities are performed to agreed targets.
• Drive improvement initiatives within the function to ensure maximisation of all opportunities specific to efficiency’s and value engineering which will ultimately drive margin improvement.
• In direct support of the Operations Director, ensure that all inbound materials are secured at the most favourable price and delivered to agreed costs, quality standards and service levels.
• Responsible for all inbound, storage and outbound material management including trading partnerships with any third-party providers
• Responsible for team development and creating a culture of continuous improvement
• Recommend, and subsequently deliver, an agreed functional supply chain strategy that aligns to and supports the existing 2019-2021 plan for the business
• Food manufacturing experience is essential
• Experience of working with retailers highly desirable
• A strong understanding of Continuous Improvement and Lean manufacturing principles
• Experience of working in a rapid growth manufacturing environment with the ability to implement systems and procedures from scratch
• Passion – you must love what you do as you will be leading by example
• Understand the challenges of NPD and can adapt to change quickly, find a solution and break down any barriers
• End to end Supply Chain & Procurement experience is desirable but not essential
• People person and a team player