Head of Operations
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Location: Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000
Application date: 23rd Jan 2018
An experienced Head of Operations is required for this established bespoke vehicle conversion business. This is a fast-paced medium volume business with a diverse product portfolio and loyal customer base. Having established a reputation for innovation and product reliability the company are looking at succession plans and would like to recruit a forward thinking Head of Operations. This is an opportunity to help establish a high-performance team based culture operating on modern manufacturing principles.
To be successful you must have a demonstrable track record of operations or general management that includes the deployment of modern manufacturing principles within a heavy fabrication / assembly environment. The role will require good communication skills an ability to work under pressure and excellent planning skills. This is a highly visible role that will require a hands on approach with the drive and determination to ensure that exacting QCD targets and high levels of customer satisfaction are achieved.
To be considered for this Head of Operations position you must have:
• At least 5 years’ experience working in a senior production or operations management role in a fast-paced fabrication and assembly environment
• Operations management experience that includes responsibility for Design, Engineering, Production, Planning & Supply Chain
• A thorough understanding of modern lean manufacturing principles
• The ability to introduce simple but effective visual management systems and meaningful KPIs
• A degree in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent qualifications backed by experience
• Significant people management and leadership experience with a real passion for coaching and mentoring.
• A Dynamic and driven personality confident and comfortable working across all levels of a manufacturing business and happy to get down on the shop floor and get stuck in when required.
This will be a challenging and rewarding opportunity and presents a unique opportunity to work with a close knit management team for an ambitious business with real growth potential. The ideal background for this Senior Operations Management role could be; vehicle conversion, truck & bus, specialist vehicles, yellow goods, automotive or general engineering. At present you will probably be working as an Operations Manager, Head of Manufacturing, Manufacturing Director or General Manager