Knowledge Transfer Manager – Manufacturing
Recruiter: Knowledge Transfer Network
Location: Home or Office based
Salary: £37,000 to £48,900 (depending on experience)
Application date: 10th Aug 2018
The role will be based in the KTN Manufacturing team and will work with all teams across KTN to provide KTN expertise in manufacturing activities which improve UK manufacturing competitiveness. This will include working with colleagues and members of the KTN network to accelerate the delivery of UK innovation across a wide range of industrial sectors. There will be a particular emphasis on innovative digital technologies for manufacturing process development. The job holder will also be required to provide guidance on product development for manufacture.
• Support to KTN and Innovate UK/UKRI delivery plans.
• The needs and capabilities of manufacturing companies identified and recorded on the CRM and solutions developed for industry working with the KTN network.
• Leading on the delivery of workshops to address complex industrial challenges with attendance from senior members of staff from UK business and research organisations.
• The areas of interest and challenges of manufacturing businesses identified, and knowledge transfer activities defined which are required to address those challenges.
• Delivery of KTN reports and KPIs.
• Growing the network of stakeholders which recognise the paid service delivery capability of KTN.
• To lead and be a team member in specific tasks which exploit digital technologies in manufacturing.
• To develop and maintain knowledge of high growth potential businesses in manufacturing.
• To directly engage with businesses providing support through knowledge transfer, making relevant new connections, facilitating collaborations and mentoring applications for funding.
• To engage businesses with the UK research and innovation assets.
• To track progress of businesses to determine outcomes resulting from KTN interventions, seeking case studies and metrics (KPI) capture.
• To maintain a strong relationship with relevant counterparts in Innovate UK, UKRI and other relevant stakeholders.
• To plan and deliver dissemination, scoping and networking meetings, encouraging cross-sector involvement where possible.
• To seek opportunities for KTN, with potential for new revenue.
• To contribute to KTN wide communications and projects, helping colleagues as required.
• To support KPI delivery and provide regular reporting of activity and outcomes.
Experience and qualifications
• Degree qualified with a relevant technical degree or equivalent with industrial or post graduate research experience.
• Demonstrated experience in manufacturing innovation development and implementation.
• Thorough understanding of the manufacturing industry and good personal connections to senior figures in a range of companies.
• Experience of working in projects to deliver innovation in a commercial environment.
• Demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement, with a good profile and personal network in the innovation landscape.
• Awareness of the requirements, rights and obligations of grant funding is advantageous but not essential.