Lead Mechanical Engineer
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Application date: 18th Jan 2018
Are you interested in a Lead Mechanical Engineering role working across multi-vehicle platforms on the mechanical and thermal system design for HV Batteries?
You will need to seek innovative solutions while working within tight timescales, be able to work well within multi-disciplinary project teams and be driven with the determination to deliver to clear objectives. The successful applicant will likely be a degree qualified Mechanical Design professional with demonstrable experience and a proven track record of developing HV Batteries ideally in the within the Automotive or similar industries.
A knowledge and experience of thermal management systems and structural design considerations for electromechanical assemblies is desired, as is component manufacturing design experience using high volume manufacturing methods, such as sheet metal pressing, sand and die casting, plastic injection moulding.
Other duties in this Lead Mechanical Engineer role will include;
• Overseeing on-site customer support of senior review meetings to conduct design reviews (including resolution tracker), project status, battery technical developments and vehicle interface requirements
• Working within client quality procedures and validation processes
• The management and co-ordination of activities and resources located across multiple sites
• To support lead engineers in the development of mechanical systems and components particularly relating to electronics and hybrid vehicle battery systems
• Be responsible for all mechanical design aspects relating to cost, mass, BOM, material and surface finish selection
• The liaison and management of suppliers/subcontractors to agree the specification of purchased components and delivery requirements for the project
• To manage the initial build of prototypes and products when required
• Supporting the development of future products and services
• To utilise DFMEA writing and assessments
If the above seems interesting and you can offer experience in the preparation of design concepts and inputs to proposals and presentation to customers, please do contact Grant Nisbet for further details.