Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: circa £80,000 (DOE) + Benefits Package
Application date: 19th May 2017
An experienced Operations Director is required for this established manufacturing business. With an impressive record of growth and a diversified product portfolio that covers a range of industry sectors this company is thriving and increasing its market share. Having established an enviable reputation for innovation and must have products they now need to recruit a forward thinking Operations Director. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-respected manufacturing business and establish sustainable world class manufacturing principles through the development of people and the management team.
To be successful in this role you must have a demonstrable track record of managing transformation projects that include the deployment of lean manufacturing and the development of a high performing culture that can deliver excellent customer service. The Operations Director will require good communication skills, be commercially aware and have a strong manufacturing/operations background that can deliver to exacting QCD targets.
To be considered for this Operations Director position you must have:
• At least 5 years’ experience working in a senior production or operations role in a fast paced manufacturing environment employing continuous improvement techniques.
• A thorough understanding of modern lean manufacturing principles including TPM, JIT, 5S, SMED and problem solving techniques, 8D, 5why, root cause analysis, and A3 thinking.
• A degree in a relevant engineering or manufacturing discipline ideally supported by a post graduate qualification or membership of a professional body, IMechE or IET.
• Significant people management and leadership experience, lead by example, setting high standards with excellent project management skills.
• A dynamic and driven personality, confident and comfortable working across all levels of a manufacturing business and happy to get down on the shop floor and get stuck in when required.
• A real passion for coaching and mentoring with the ability to build high performing teams.
This will be a challenging and rewarding opportunity and presents a unique opportunity to work within a close knit team and a business that has ambition and huge growth potential. The ideal background for this Operations Director role will be Automotive (Tier1), General Engineering, or fast paced process industry. At present you will probably be working as an Operations Director, Head of Manufacturing, Manufacturing Director, General Manager or Operational Excellence Director.
If you would like to discuss this Operations Director role in more detail then please call 01384 446 113 and ask for Simon Roberts or alternatively please send your email and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org