Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000 + Benefits
Application date: 26th Apr 2019
As a manufacturer of plastic products to a broad range of industries, the company are looking to recruit an Operations Manager to providing leadership for the Company`s Production, Planning, Despatch & Transportation, Quality functions. You will have Operational experience within plastics manufacturing.
• Ensuring that jobs are manufactured correctly cost effectively and delivered on time in accordance to specification and quality requirements.
• Improve or implement operational systems, processes and policies in support of Company`s targets including SOP, ISO9001, HR, Health & Safety, Environmental this list is not exhaustive.
• Provide advice, support & direction for all line managers responsible for production related activity.
• Recruit, manage, train and motivate direct reporting staff according to company procedures, policy and employment law.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external suppliers/customers.
• Develop training/ succession plan to meet the future business growth strategy.
• Inventory control in line with budget
• Compliance to H&S policy and practice, ensuring excellent standards are maintained throughout production.
• Develop productivity plans for each manufacturing site (minimum 5% per annum) to include scrap, downtime, labour efficiency and lean manufacturing.
• Assist in implementing manufacturing strategy including site closures and capital investment plans etc.
• Preparing and managing operational budgets.
• HNC qualification or above with significant experience of operations in a process manufacturing environment, experience of the plastic process industry would be an advantage.
• Relevant professional qualifications would be an advantage.
• Lean manufacturing experience and H&S qualification is desirable.