Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £50k - 55k per year + benefits
Application date: 6th Jan 2017
An Operations Manager is required for fast growing manufacturer of Medical Devices.
Manufacturing a range of products for use in homes, hospitals, GP surgeries and other medical environments.
My client have an innovative new product and the company are forecast to grow turnover to ten times the current level over the next 3 years.
They are seeking a Manufacturing Operations Lead to oversee all areas of the production their products in accordance with quality standards and cost objectives.
• Overall responsibility for Manufacturing activities across the business
• Working closely with internal and external key stakeholders, regarding technical support for activities.
• Drive Key Performance Indicators across all areas of the Manufacturing function to ensure that all projects are delivered on cost and on time to the highest quality standards.
• Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental issues are prioritised and facilitated, direct and drive implementation of Lean Business strategy and drive Continuous Improvement across all manufacturing related areas of the business.
• Create and implement best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance
• Ensure that manufacturing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market
• Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities
• Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process
• Take ownership of the manufacturing policy, guidelines and any associated documents
• Initiate and develop creative and innovative manufacturing processes
Successful Applicants must be able to demonstrate
• Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development
• Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
• Commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets
• Resilient and able to work well under pressure
• Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering /manufacturing discipline or equivalent NVQ Level 7 qualification
• Experience of leading a manufacturing function with a proven track record in strategic manufacturing leadership delivering effective manufacturing strategies, policies, processes and systems
• Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
• Knowledge and technical understanding textile production (processes, components and manufacturing techniques)
• Willingness to travel (primarily the USA)
If you are interested in applying for the role of Operations Manager please forward your CV as soon as possible using the ‘Apply Now’ button below.