Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £100,000 - £130,000 + car & bonus
Application date: 19th Feb 2019
A significant opportunity has arisen for an experienced Plant Manager to take up overall responsibility for a 450 employee heavy industry manufacturing plant in the Northampton area.
This is a challenging and demanding role, offering the successful candidate a highly competitive remuneration package, reflective of the responsibilities and status of this senior management level position.
As the Plant Manager you will have responsibility for circa 450 employees on a large 24/5 manufacturing site and hold full financial responsibility for the site with a large financial turnover.
In this capacity, you will be required to provide direction across all areas, ensuring company objectives are met and enabling new product development.
Your key responsibilities and accountability’s, will include, but not be limited to the following:
• To develop and embed a Lean Manufacturing / continuous improvement environment, in a complex culture, dealing with objections and a large work force.
• To develop relationships with Unions to improve employee engagement, resolve challenging issues and effect positive cultural change.
• To take overall responsibility for customer delivery, including direct interaction with customers as required.
• To effectively manage a challenging maintenance schedule
• To hold accountability for QHSE strategy and ensuring all relevant and legislative standards are met by the operations.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will require:
• Significant experience of successfully implementing and managing change in a complex environment
• Experience of working at Senior Management level within a Unionised environment
• Experience of holding full budgetary responsibility for a site with a turnover exceeding £100m
• In depth knowledge of Lean manufacturing/continuous improvement tools & techniques and able to evidence the successful implementation of these
• Able to evidence the ability to deal with complex challenges with positive results
• Experience in Heavy Industry
• Strong Leadership & communication skills
• Courage in decision making and management, with the ability to influence at all levels
• NEBOSH or equivalent H&S qualification
• High levels of energy, drive and resilience
• Ideally degree-level education in a relevant Engineering or Technical discipline (MBA an advantage)