Plant Manager/Operations Director
Recruiter: Evans Taylor
Location: North East
Salary: £75,000 - £80,000 pa + car, bonus and benefits.
Application date: 9th Jan 2018
Part of a truly global organisation spanning 46 countries and employing 24,000 people, our client is without doubt a world leader in its field. A true innovator who have experienced substantial and consistent success for many years, they design and manufacture a wide range of innovative metal packaging products for some of the world’s largest and most respected companies. Growth and investment continues to remain firmly on the agenda and as such we are looking to appoint an outstanding Plant Manager/Operations Director to this critical position, who will lead an exciting change agenda.
• Outstanding opportunity to lead a key manufacturing facility including the development and relocation to a new purpose built Greenfield operation.
• You will be fully accountable for the day manufacture, operational and strategic management of the business and will effectively manage all manufacturing and site activities, in order to meet the company’s financial performance criteria.
• To formulate and implement plans to develop an effective manufacturing and operational structure and direct, coach, train and motivate teams towards the establishment of a continuous improvement environment.
• You will be required to define operational policy, develop a truly measurable continuous improvement culture and will be expected to lead the organisation towards best in class.
• You will drive people engagement, creating a culture of communication and involvement at all levels, to ensure a high performing best practice environment.
• To implement a sophisticated change programme in terms of systems, processes and people and leading edge technology and innovation.
• To recommend and implement new process flows in order to reduce non-value-adding labour time and waste.
• Creating a rigorous quality philosophy and drive this into every aspect of operator roles and responsibilities.
• This unique position demands an exceptional manufacturing/operations professional, who enjoys a growth agenda, substantial autonomy and a highly visible role.
• Of graduate calibre, you will have an outstanding track record in manufacturing/operational management gained within a best in class manufacturing environment.
• Ideally with medium/high volume experience, you are likely to have experience of working within a number of best in class sectors i.e. food and drink, automotive, packaging, lighting, general engineering etc, where you will have knowledge of best practice manufacturing and lean techniques.
• You will relish the opportunity to advance your career in a market leading organisation, who have tremendous ambition and where superb career opportunities exist for high performers.
• An entrepreneurial self-starter, agile, decisive and empowering, you will be the type who can champion change, introduce far reaching initiatives and will have the stature, presence, vision and drive to lead the business to unprecedented levels of performance.
Please reply with full CV and current salary details. Candidates who fail to respond in this manner cannot be considered. Quote reference number 15/263 to; firstname.lastname@example.org