Principal Mechanical Engineer – Automated Equipment
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £50k - 60k per year + Benefits
Application date: 1st Mar 2017
A Principal Mechanical Engineer is required for a for a company which specialises in the manufacture of high precision technology with automation.
They seek a Principal Mechanical Engineer to oversee the mechanical design, leading a multi-disciplined team to design, build, test, and install bespoke and customised automated solutions for customers.
The role of Principal Mechanical Engineer will include, but not limited to:
• Leading the design, build, test and production process of bespoke high precision, automated inspection systems.
• Create the concept idea and work with teams to deliver a robust, effective solution which meets the requirement of the customer whilst maintaining profitability and upholding the stringent quality standards.
• Develop new products as well as the customised solutions for customers based around existing products incorporating varying levels of automation.
• Apply FEA and DFMEA to all products and work with engineering to enable efficient manufacturing process.
The suitable candidate for Principal Mechanical Engineer will need to possess the following skills and experiences:
• Technical Qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering or Robotic Engineering.
• Experienced Principal Engineer or Technical Manager with responsibility for developing designs for precision equipment and/or special purpose machinery.
• Project Management experience is desirable but not essential.
• Strong leadership experience able to lead, coach and mentor a small team of engineers.
• Strong engineering experience with proven experience of mechanised machinery design and development incorporating electro-mechanical and electro-pneumatic applications.
If you are interested in applying for this Principal Mechanical Engineer role or would like more information please contact Richard Heaton on 01384 446 105 (Direct Line) or email@example.com