Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: Excellent salary + Benefits
Application date: 22nd Feb 2019
Your new company
Amazing Global business with a site in Exeter seeks skilled Production Manager for the following role:
Your new role
Your role as Production Manager will be wide ranging in scope but will cover the following duties:
• Manage Stores Manager, Assembly Team Supervisors, Production Planners and cell leads.
• Work closely with the Manufacturing Manager to minimise WIP, Sub Assembly Stock holding and Scrap.
• Plan and organise Production Schedules
• Assess current and future required output levels
• Produce and Manage Production budget.
• Ensure customer requirements are met at all times.
• Produce weekly reports with regard to current performance levels and issues encountered.
• Drive efficiency improvements through continuous improvement activities.
• Work closely with Quality team to ensure all customer specific requirements/Audits/ PPAP requirements are met.
What you’ll need to succeed
The successful candidate must be able to:
• Working knowledge of MRP systems
• A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role ideally within the automotive sector.
• IOSH Managing Safely qualified.
• HNC or equivalent in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering
• Kaizen / Lean Manufacturing training and working knowledge.
• A working knowledge of automotive standard TS/IATF16949.
• Cost centre management.
What you’ll get in return
Excellent salary + benefits package