Site Operations & General manager
Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000
Application date: 3rd Oct 2017
Your new company
FMCG Company with multi million turnover with core values at its heart. To deliver world class value, quality and service to their Stakeholders within the Food Industry whilst creating a culture that all of our customers, employees and associated partners are proud to be part of.
Your new role
To take overall responsibility of each functional department within the site with a specific focus being given to the Transport and Warehouse functions whilst taking overall responsibility of the monthly budgets/profit and loss statements of the site. To manage on a daily basis in an effective and efficient manner whilst working within guidelines and strategies given by the team of National Managers whom have the ultimate responsibility for each of the functional disciplines. To comply with all current and relevant legislation, company works instructions within allocated departmental & site budgets. At all times, ensuring personnel conduct themselves in a professional and polite manner whilst building and maintaining exceptional levels of customer service & care for securing long term relationships. To ensure the company’s customers receive a smooth, efficient and impeccable service level. Additionally the role will be responsible for the operational & site quality systems and Company Health and Safety Policies.
What you’ll need to succeed
To execute and uphold the company’s Core Values and Mission Statement at all times. Direct and control the work and resources of the company’s site departmental functions and assist with the recruitment and retention of the required numbers and types of well-motivated, trained & developed staff to ensure that missions and objectives are achieved.
• Involvement, preparation and implementation of the company’s annual budget to ensure that targets are met, that revenue flows are maintained and that costs are minimised. To continuously ensure acceptance/monitoring of all areas of the company budgets whilst ensuring their execution.
• To take overall responsibility of and ensure both site and employee conformance with the Health and Safety at Work Act.
• Ensuring compliance with BRC Food Storage and Distribution protocols, whilst being aware of and acting upon any changes to future legislation.
• To develop and implement business process improvements to enhance the companies quality systems.
• To oversee inventory, distribution of goods and facility layout.
• Ensure at all times that the company’s current and prospective receive the highest levels of service in line with Group requirements.
• Ensure that all company works instructions, policies and procedures are updated, maintained and complied with at all times.
• To give clear and effective management of employees in line with the Company Employee handbook, associated work instructions, policies/procedures and HR legislations.
• Utilising data from IT systems to evaluate performance, quality, planning and implementing improvements.
• Liaison and negotiating with suppliers and customers to the highest standards of professionalism.
• Conducting 1-2-1 meetings on a regular basis with all direct reports.
• Working in close collaboration with your peer management within National Management team.
• Conduct annual appraisals with all direct reports, whilst ensuring that all members of the teams also have annual appraisals.
• Ensure that appropriate training is provided to all departmental personnel in line with the company HR policies.
• Continually improve and develop departmental performance.
Ensure compliance with Transport legislation (Drivers Regulations, Working Time Directive and Road Traffic Act) and the sites Operator’s Licence. You may also be required to undertake other duties which are deemed to be within the business needs.
What you’ll get in return
£55k- £65k plus benefits.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us on 0191 565 9738.