Chief Engineer – Drive and Transmission Systems
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £75,000 - £85,000
Application date: 25th Jan 2018
Do you have experience of working in a leadership capacity in an OEM / Tier 1 or Engineering consultancy undertaking design, analysis, test and development in Manufacturing arenas? Key project types will include concept generation, prototype development, production release, problem resolution/control, system development and calibration.
This Chief Engineer role will see you assume responsibility for the creation of technical solutions and commercial opportunity development, leading cross functional teams, typically encompassing; mechanical transmission elements, electrical machine integration, hydraulic or electro-mechanical actuation systems and control system integration specialists. Other core duties in this role will include;
• Provide senior input and approval to proposals, presentations and concepts / reports / drawings etc. including leading client meetings and providing significant customer management
• Leading technical authority for the company in chosen area, shaping company position on subject, promotes excellence both internally and externally
• Assuming responsibility for key technical and commercial aspects of project delivery of self and team, as well as awareness of and adherence to common project management techniques
• Being responsible for the delivery of technical solutions (often new or novel to meet demanding client requirements) for large transmission and driveline system multi-year projects of up to £10m
• Working from clean sheet to production as part of a global team, the ability to travel is vital.
If you can offer a degree qualification and capability of writing technical standards and promotion of excellence in transmission & driveline system design, through coaching of others and engagement in technical reviews, whilst also contributing to the development of design guidelines, tools and techniques please contact Grant Nisbet to learn more about the role. This is a key role for the organisation and demands someone who is highly competent in the application of a comprehensive range of fundamental Engineering principles to generate or guide the creation of optimal powertrain specific solutions.