Chief Engineer – Electric Vehicles
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £70,000 - £110,000
Application date: 5th Feb 2018
Searching for an automotive product development job with the opportunity to work on a highly innovative EV programme? The chance to work from blank page concept to basis of design?
This is an exceptional opportunity for automotive engineers to actualise designs, challenge their skills and push the boundaries of conceptual vehicle design within a leading company renowned for their expertise in automotive research & development.
What you will do
• To define the technical content of the project demonstrators to align with the client’s future strategy.
• To provide overall technical leadership of all individual projects by working pro-actively with the partners and senior management to deliver technical objectives to time and to budget.
• To liaise with technical management to define / agree technical content required for each project.
• To ensure rapid resolution of any technical or contractual issues.
• To provide the Project Steering Group with appropriate information in line with governance requirements and timely reports on the progress of the project.
• To create an effective Central Project Team in support of the project objectives.
• To identify and manage issues of confidentiality and Intellectual Property protection as necessary.
• To line manage the Lead Engineers and any other staff who may be appointed, and to oversee any bought in services.
What you will need
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in a business or technical subject.
• Extensive demonstrable senior management experience in the automotive industry.
• Experience and a successful track record of project management over large scale projects.
• Significant experience in a technical role in automotive development.
• Strong interpersonal skills together with the ability to persuade and influence.
• High level of self-motivation with ability to plan and deliver goals to deadlines.
• Strong leadership skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What you will get
• Experience of working on a highly innovative project from concept stage.
• Ongoing training and development.
• The chance to work in excellent facilities.
• Career advancement.
Suitably qualified and experienced Chief Engineers should apply today by either calling Jeff Lane on +44 (0)1384 446108 or by emailing their CV and covering letter.