Chief Mining Engineer
Recruiter: Evans Taylor
Location: Newcastle, UK or Barcelona, Spain
Salary: £75,000 to £90,000
Application date: 15th Sep 2017
Part of a substantial £6.3 billion organisation and operating as the forefront of their industry, our client is one of the world’s largest fertiliser companies and provides end users and manufacturers on five continents with a wide range of high performance solutions.
This is an extremely exciting time to be joining this organisation and growth continues to remain firmly on the agenda. As such, we are looking to appoint an outstanding Chief Mining Engineer/Technical Director to this newly created high profile position, to lead best in class mining techniques throughout Europe.
• Reporting to the Vice President of the Division, you will operate in this highly influential role as a change agent, content expert and technical lead to implement best practice and drive new improved technologies and methods of working.
• Acting as a service provider, you will implement underground mine planning and engineering standards and guidelines in order to support site based Mine Managers.
• To provide mining operations with technical support in activities including surveying, blasting, rock mechanics, health and safety, ventilation, geology, equipment selection, cost and productivity improvements.
• To provide life of mine planning leadership and support for operational and development activities on a European basis.
• To work with operating sites to develop and implement new techniques and technologies to optimise process, whilst ensuring implementation of continuous improvement activities and the sharing of best practice is ongoing.
• Acting as a mentor and coach in order to develop and support operating site and mine engineering personnel.
• To implement a sophisticated change programme in terms of systems and processes, with an emphasis on unit costing, benchmarking and optimisation to help drive future mining strategy.
• To recommend and implement new techniques in order to reduce non value added activities and hence remove waste.
• This unique position demands an experienced mining specialist, who is seeking a highly visible and influential role. You will relish the opportunity to develop your career in an organisation where exceptional opportunities exist for high class performers.
• Fluent in English, you will have a degree in Mining Engineering, Geological Engineering or Geology and be able to relocate if required to either Spain or the UK.
• The ideal candidate will most likely have conducted previously both operational and technical roles within a best in class mining organisation.
• As such, you will have extensive expertise of underground mining, where you may well have had experience of several different types of products (potash, salt, coal, copper, zinc) etc.
• An entrepreneurial self-starter, agile and decisive, you will have strong leadership and an outstanding track record of success. You will have the ability to champion change and lead the business to unprecedented levels of performance.
Please reply with full CV and current salary details. Candidates who fail to respond in this manner cannot be considered. Quote reference number 15/256 to; email@example.com