Continuous Improvement Manager
Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Location: East Midlands
Salary: £55,000 to £65,000 p.a. + Benefits
Application date: 1st Sep 2017
The company are a manufacturer of polymer raw materials, they are looking to recruit an Operations Excellence Expert in lean manufacturing, to streamline production processes. You will have a good understanding of lean manufacturing techniques and ideally, plastics/automotive/aerospace knowledge.
– This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a company embarking on a journey of Lean activity that needs to be lead and sustained with high calibre expertise.
– This key role, as part of the Department of Excellence, is part of an organisation intent on business transformation through a rapid change programme.
– The business consists of a series of complex, fast paced, industrial processes dictating the need for problem solver who can translate solutions onto the shop floor with a practical approach.
– The successful candidate will initially lead and support specific business and process improvement projects based at a facility in reporting to both the Site Director and to the UK Operations Excellence Manager. The position and responsibility will grow and develop into a full UK/European role with management responsibilities as the change programme takes hold.
– You will be degree qualified with relevant experience in Lean implementation – first-hand experience in a relevant manufacturing sector such as the automotive or aeronautical sectors would be an advantage as would recognised qualifications such as six sigma. Knowledge of Polymers, Plastics or Injection Moulding is desirable although not essential.
– Expertise in Lean thinking with a humble, highly responsible approach is pivotal to the success of the role. A willingness to learn about new processes, technology and industry is also vital; as is a genuine interest in people and their development. Knowledge of extrusion (twin screw), plastics and ISO 9001 would be of interest, but not a necessity.
To apply for the role contact Fraser Nibbs via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the link below.