Design Engineering Manager
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Location: North East London
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 per annum + benefits
Application date: 29th Nov 2017
An Engineering Design Manager is required for this manufacturer of heavy duty, multi-use engines. With a growing order book and increased demand for applications and use this company has huge growth potential. To take the company through this next phase of growth the new management team are looking to recruit a dynamic, self-motivated, Engineering Design Manager to take specific responsibility for the ongoing design and development of an existing range of engines and worldwide applications. This role will include the introduction of new standards, coaching and training and introducing innovative ways of working.
The role will require:
• Engineering Design leadership and management, providing design authority for new local designs.
• Support and help to associated department including Sales, Applications and Service.
• Significant engineering & design experience of complex rotating equipment including, the design of ancillary equipment which will be application specific but likely to include performance, emissions, thermodynamics, noise & vibration, stressed components and EMC susceptibility.
• Management of a design department using CAD/CAE tools in both 2D & 3D applications and dynamic simulation.
• Industry experience could cover; Automotive, Rail, Oil & Gas, Marine and Power Generation sectors.
• An understanding of Design for Manufacture & Assembly (DFMA), DFMEA, Design Rationalisation & Standardisation, Simultaneous Engineering, Parametric Design, Cost Down Analysis and modern problem-solving tools.
• An ability to coach, train and educate employees in advanced Design Engineering techniques.
• Strong project management and resource planning that will ensure all engineering deliverables are completed in line with customer requirements.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation with an ability to motivate a small team of highly skilled engineer, with extensive product knowledge.
• A degree qualification in a suitable engineering related discipline, (mechanical, automotive, materials, mechatronic).
This is a challenging, high-profile role. As Engineering Design Manager you will work with an established team of design engineers and develop and improve the capability of a traditional design department. This is an exciting time to join a business going through a significant period of change and a real desire to adopt advanced design techniques and new ways of working. As Engineering Design Manager, you will play a significant part in the future success of this British manufacturing company.