Head of Procurement
Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: £60,000 + plus car allowance
Application date: 23rd Apr 2018
Your new company
Is a leading company in the construction and manufacturing sector. The organisation operates across multiple sectors and continually tries to achieve high quality product.
Your new role
The Head of Procurement is responsible for the commercial performance, timely delivery, quality and materials management function in the business, developing and deploying the strategic supply chain and procurement activities for manufacturing and warehouse operations.
The role will report directly to the Commercial Director and be a key member of the senior management team.
Managing a team of buyers and with responsibility for the stores function, the role requires strong leadership and organisational experience.
The Head of Procurement will have a proven track record of delivering lean principles and innovation and have experience of managing a cross functional procurement team within a manufacturing or construction products industry.
The role will require someone who has demonstrable experience and understanding of MRP / ERP systems, production planning, Bills of Materials (BOMS) processes both at development and implementation level.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Manage, coach and support procurement team.
• Develop and implement processes, systems, standards and disciplines for procurement and warehousing aligned to manufacturing build processes.
• Deliver procurement strategy for manufacturing performance, in line with business objectives.
• Manage capacity and forecast in-line with manufacturing and delivery programmes.
• Working with the purchasing and warehouse teams to develop and manage the supply base in order to achieve a seamless supply chain.
• Support individuals to allow growth within their roles and encourage advancement either within the department or other areas of the business.
• Responsible for the development / implementation of the supply chain and warehousing processes.
What you’ll need to succeed
• Proven experience in a senior procurement manager position in a manufacturing sector, Building products knowledge would be an advantage.
• Experience and ability to plan resource, lead, motivate and
develop teams with strong team management skills.
• Strong negotiator/influencer able to drive down cost, maintain quality and service levels from suppliers.
• Expertise in category management, strategic sourcing, implementation of SLA’s, consignment stock, Kan-Ban, engagement and management of all supplier levels, and KPI reporting.
• Commercially minded with knowledge of procurement agreements, warranties and frameworks.
• Ability to work to a budget and provide management reports on department spend / savings.
• Comprehensive experience of developing and implementing ERP / MRP systems and executing improvements and change to procurement process and procedures.
• Excellent communications and relationship management skills, operating at all levels of the business.
• You will ideally be degree educated and MCIPS qualified with a minimum of 10 years’ experience within a procurement function.
• You will have a track record of delivering lean principals and innovation.
• Good understanding of Lean Manufacturing processes.
• Strategic sourcing and supply chain management
• Strong planning and forecasting.
• Production and material planning.
What you’ll get in return
• A salary of £60,000 +
• Car allowance
• Medical scheme
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ below or call us now on 0116 251 1818