Head of Procurement
Recruiter: Evans Taylor
Location: Yorkshire or Heathrow
Salary: £65,000 + to 75,000 plus car bonus and benefits
Application date: 25th Sep 2017
Part of a truly international organisation, employing in excess of 130,000 people across 23 countries, our client operates the largest factory of its kind in the world and is the leading manufacturer within the UK of a diverse product range. With outstanding brand recognition they manufacture both branded and own label short shelf life food products to all of the leading supermarkets and key Out of Home customers. Growth remains firmly on the agenda and we are looking to appoint an outstanding Head of Purchasing to this high profile position. This appointment is being made at an exciting time within the company’s continued progression towards best practice.
• You will have full accountability for developing an outstanding, flexible and world class purchasing function.
• Operating as part of the senior leadership team, you will have total responsibility for all direct (ingredients and packaging) and indirect purchasing activities for the UK organisation across two key manufacturing facilities.
• Based in either Yorkshire or near Heathrow and reporting to the Operations Director, but with a dotted line to the Group Procurement team, you will lead a small ‘lean’ team and will operate in both a hands on and strategic capacity in order to offer credible solutions to supply chain problems.
• You will lead best practice procurement techniques, focusing on all elements of sourcing, commercial negotiation, commodity trends, negotiation, contract/risk management and value engineering etc.
• You will be required to formulate appropriate purchasing strategies and policies and lead long term supplier development, whilst introducing improvement programmes for key suppliers which focus on quality, delivery, cost and service.
• You will instill a measurable approach to procurement whereby each step has clear objectives and direction.
• As the procurement ‘change agent’, you will lead stakeholder management activities, working alongside NPD, Sales, Marketing, Engineering etc, to support changing new initiatives and key new product development programmes.
• Of graduate calibre and/or CIPS qualified, you will be a real ideas person and will relish the opportunity to tackle this highly autonomous and influential role.
• You will have an outstanding track record of best practice procurement, where you will have a clear understanding of the value of developing partnerships in a highly commercial situation.
• As such, your expertise will have been gained within the food/drink manufacturing sector or food service industry, where you will have had extensive experience to the procurement of key commodities i.e. wheat, butter, chocolate, rice, oats, coffee, oil etc. Alternatively, you may also be working within the Commodity function of one of the major leading supermarkets.
• Creative, intuitive and astute in equal measure, you will have the flair, flexibility and commercial acumen to implement tangible change.
• Ability to advance in an organisation where outstanding opportunities exist for high performers.
Interested? Please reply with full CV and current salary details. Candidates who fail to respond in this manner cannot be considered. Quote reference number 15/253 to; firstname.lastname@example.org