Head of Quality
Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £55,000-£65,000 p.a. + Bonus + Car Allowance + Benefits
Application date: 31st Mar 2017
Working for a global manufacturer of high value and bespoke systems for the Aerospace, Automotive and Industrial markets, you will be a key member of the Senior Management Team and will be responsible for the entire quality function including, OE, Aftermarket and Warranty.
Reporting directly to the Operations Director of this International business, The Head of Quality will be responsible for leading the team to drive the implementation and delivery of theTS16949 quality system into the organisation and adherence to best in class standard procedures and processes. The duties of the role will include;
– Operate within a cross-functional matrix management structure, supporting both Operational and Functional objective achievement.
– Drive the achievement of best in class standards in EHS, Quality, Delivery and Cost Management as part of the Operations Management team.
– Be measured on their ability to drive tangible improvements towards a best in class infrastructure together with their inclusive people-centred leadership style.
– Lead the development and manage the application of a robust and fully integrated Business Management System that enables the organisation to exceed customer expectations, and meet the requirements of selected BSI, customer and other related standards such as ISO 9001, TS16949.
– Lead the creation and implementation of Quality related KPI`s, driving the successful achievement of targeted levels of performance.
– Lead the development and implementation of improved Quality process controls across all production processes in order to drive a zero quality defect tolerant culture.
– Lead the Warranty team to provide best in class customer service, whilst managing Warranty expenditure within budget, and whilst driving full root cause analysis and resolution for Warranty issues.
– Lead the Aftermarket quality team to provide best in class customer service, and complete full root cause analysis and resolution for Aftermarket quality issues.
– Lead and manage the integration of Plant, Warranty and Aftermarket quality processes to provide a coherent and consistent approach for the customer.
– Lead the development and implementation of an effective Problem Resolution process implemented as a standard across the organisation.
– Lead the development and implementation of Quality management controls in relation to New Product Introduction, including contract review related to Quality aspects and expectations.
– Lead the development and implementation of an effective Supplier Quality Development program, ensuring cascade of required Quality standards and the management of Supplier Quality performance.
– Lead the Quality team and provide direction, motivation and leadership through the application of sound management practices including Performance Appraisals, Management reviews and where necessary Disciplinary action.
– Act as the key customer interface in relation to Quality Performance and Quality Management, driving an effective relationship that supports business development opportunities.
You will be educated to HNC / HND or Degree level with a proven background in a Quality Team Leadership position, preferably within an Automotive engineering / manufacturing / aftermarket based environment and will have a strong mix of the following skills and experience;
– Experienced Quality professional with high levels of competency in BMS development and implementation, exposure to and understanding of wide-ranging standards including BSI and MoD standards and requirements, and strong experience of applying standard Quality Management tools such as APQP, SPC, 8D/PPS, FAIR/PSW, Controls Plans, FMEA.
– Prior experience of TS16949 is essential and any experience in the implementation of this standard into an engineering and manufacturing based environment would be highly advantageous.
– Strong understanding of Lean concepts and methodologies with an ability to effectively implement them in a `brown field` environment.
– Solid understanding of Mechanical Engineering
– A Quality expert, high levels of capability and demonstrable experience in implementing successful change in a Quality function.
– Prior knowledge of warranty based quality would be highly advantageous, as would any exposure to OE and Aftermarket supply.
– Committed to employee engagement and involvement as an effective management practice.
– This role offers an outstanding opportunity to join a leading global manufacturing business and offers outstanding career development within a truly international environment.
For more information or to apply, please send an up to date CV in full confidence to Matt Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the link below.