Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £60k-70k per year + fully expensed car
Application date: 3rd Apr 2017
An experienced Managing Director is required for this primary process manufacturer of high integrity iron castings. This privately owned business has a diversified product portfolio that includes automotive, yellow goods, agriculture and general engineering.
The company has invested heavily in new technology which has enabled them to offer an advanced prototyping service giving significant savings on lead time and cost. Looking to rebuild the senior management team they now need to recruit an experienced Managing Director who will take full responsibility for the running of this SME. To be successful in this role you will have a demonstrable track record of running and building a business. You could be either an apprentice trained engineer that has progressed through the ranks or a degree qualified engineer with substantial sales and commercial experience. In either case an understanding of the casting industry will be a distinct advantage.
To be considered for the Managing Director position you must have experience of or be:
• Operating as an effective Managing Director, Operations Director or General Manager, working within a castings/foundry environment.
• A thorough understanding of advanced manufacturing tools and techniques that will include lean manufacturing and six sigma.
• A strong Engineering or Manufacturing background, with a strong practical understanding of managing a diverse product portfolio, with volumes based on strangers, runners and repeaters.
• Commercially orientated with the ability to develop and build robust working relationships with customers, suppliers, and internally with key stakeholder and the senior management team.
• Have a strong business understanding with experience of managing the P&L, maximising profit, managing cash flow and delivering profitable growth.
• Leading by example, setting high standards with excellent people management skills and the ability to lead and motivate.
• Dynamic, driven and entrepreneurial with the ability to take responsibility for an innovative business and safeguard its future development.
This is an excellent opportunity to take full responsibility for a well-respected and established business with a solid reputation for quality and reliability. If you are up for the challenge this high profile, hands on role will require strong leadership and a thorough understanding of growing and running a successful manufacturing business.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail then please call 01384 446 113 and ask for Simon Roberts or alternatively please send your email and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org