Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Salary: Up to £125,000 per annum + Bonus, car, pension, medical
Application date: 9th Mar 2018
An experienced Managing Director is required for an established manufacturer of capital plant and equipment. This medium volume engineering and assembly business has a strong brand and product portfolio built on a reputation for quality and reliability. With ambitious growth plans based on new product development they are looking to recruit a dynamic and driven Managing Director to lead the company through a challenging period of growth. With full P&L responsibility you will direct the senior leadership team through an exciting period of expansion that will include a heavy emphasis on UK and export sales growth.
To be considered for this Managing Director position you must have or be:
• Working as a Managing Director within a low to medium volume, high variety, design, engineering and assembly environment.
• Strong operations management experience, with the ability to develop simple and meaningful business KPIs that focus on Health Safety & Environment, Quality, Cost and Delivery
• Excellent people management skills, a proven leader who can manage change and deliver organisational growth
• A thorough understanding of modern lean manufacturing methods, with hands on experience of plant layout/relocation, 5S, root cause analysis (5Why), and problem solving techniques
• Familiar with the concept and strong belief in “The Factory as the Showroom”
• Experience of value engineering and cost down initiatives related to product design, engineering and processes
• Commercially aware and financially astute, having held responsibility for P&L and cashflow management
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to deal with suppliers, customers and ensure the highest levels of customer service, achieving exacting QCD targets
• A clear commercial focus with an eye for detail that will ensure robust standards are in place to deliver accurate sales, contract, design and BOMs information that will enable effective production planning and scheduling using MRP/ERP systems
• A real passion for delivering excellent customer service and ensuring that departments work together as cohesive units to achieve the business plan, objectives and targets
• Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, able to create ownership, understanding and a desire to succeed across the business at all levels
• A degree in a relevant manufacturing/engineering discipline, supported by business or management qualifications
This is a challenging Managing Director position and an opportunity to work for a forward-thinking business with a real ambition to succeed based on people, product and process excellence. You will take full responsibility for the strategic management, day to day running and control of this busy fast paced business.