Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £85,000 per annum + Car, Pension, Bonus
Application date: 16th Jan 2018
This organisation is part of a wider, European Automotive manufacturer. The business has multiple operations across the Continent and the UK. They are a specialist, tier 1 supplier to a number of European and domestics OEM’s
Due to a senior management restructure, they have asked us to search for an exceptional Operations Director. We are looking for a candidate who can operate at a strategic level, but who can also advise at a shop floor level.
You will be an excellent communicator and a strong leader who can communicate at a senior board level. You will be expected to drive excellence throughout the plant, bringing in new methods of operation, without compromising output and quality.
The business is seeing strong growth so now is a great time to capitalise on this by utilising your knowledge of lean and modern methods of manufacturing in, ideally an automotive or fast paced manufacturing environment.
We are seeking an Operations Director with the following:
• Leadership/Management Qualification
• Degree Qualified in a relevant subject field
• Lean Management Qualification Desirable
• Highly experienced of Tier 1 Automotive in a similar role
• Recent experience of successful Change Management within manufacturing operations
Areas of responsibility for the Operations Director:
• Deputise for the Managing Director at any Supplier or Customer functions where required.
• Measure and lead teams to continually improve company supply performance as measured against customer schedules.
• Measure and lead teams to continually reduce the level of reject, defect and scrap parts manufactured.
• Work with relevant department Managers to ensure New Programme Implementation is effectively launched within operations to customer specifications.
• Ensure layout, process flow, stock management and inventory is effectively maintained within the site.
• Ensure suitable plant and equipment is available and, where new plant and equipment is required, ensure the robust specification, installation and commissioning of the equipment is completed, preparing where necessary, appropriate cost justifications.
• Lead the capacity and headcount planning / review processes to forward plan for production activities and future resource fluctuations.
We are keen to talk to candidates who have come from a fast-paced manufacturing environment, ideally automotive Tier 1. Who would have operated at a senior level and have experience of P/L of a plant. This is an excellent position which offers genuine plant leadership and continued career progression.