Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Location: East Midlands
Salary: £70,000-£90,000 p.a. + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Application date: 12th May 2017
This rare and exciting leadership opportunity within a globally recognised industrial manufacturing and engineering business is required to provide effective and visible leadership to the Operations team, ensuring that products are manufactured on time, to specified quality and at their agreed cost.
With overall leadership of the day to day management of the Operational P&L, the Operations Director will report directly to the Group GM and will be the champion of best practice, manufacturing effectiveness and ensure customer satisfaction though the delivery of operational excellence. The duties of the role will include;
– Ensure the effective planning, scheduling, resourcing and quality control of manufactured and bought in parts and assemblies.
– Act as site champion for the creation and maintenance of the highest standards of plant health & safety and continuous improvement.
– Support the General Manager – Operations to formulate an annual manufacturing plan to achieve required financial outcomes
– Establish an organisation structure to consistently achieve Right First Time and On Time, In Full
– Ensure that plant and equipment is properly managed and maintained to meet workflow requirements
– Ensure that an effective supply chain is maintained, balancing make/buy decisions to optimise cost performance and productivity, with due attention to WIP and lead times.
– Make certain that quality assurance, control and regulatory compliance are maintained and that a behavioural approach to quality is embedded across the organisation
– Ensure that high standards of health and safety are maintained
– Deliver operating objectives and ensure that standards of performance are understood and owned by managers and employees.
– Ensure that positive employee relations, and a constructive dialogue with trade union representatives, are maintained
– Ensure that machinery, equipment and the workplace environment is properly managed and maintained to meet required output and productivity demands.
– Support the General Manager in all activities relating to facilities management, maintenance and site capital investment.
The ideal candidate will be a proven Operational leader, intellectual and decisive with a entrenched manufacturing engineering based background and will have a strong mix of the following skills and experience;
– Substantial experience in operational management within a complex engineering environment, including workflow planning, continuous improvement and safety management.
– A good understanding of the elements necessary to deliver effective supply chain management and support it across the organisation.
– A sound understanding of budgeting and forecasting, and the ability to develop and maintain effective metrics to monitor performance
– The ability to motivate, lead and engage diverse teams with due consideration to employee development, succession and performance management.
– Demonstrated understanding and deployment of Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma and Kaizen principles to optimise productivity and manage variance.
– The ability to operate effectively and harness results through cross-functional teams.
– Good understanding of regulated quality standards
– Any experience in a heavy duty industrial manufacturing environment, machining and fabrication and batch based low volume production with a high level of complexity would be highly advantageous.
This role offers an outstanding opportunity to join a world leading business with a proven long standing brand name and customers on every continent and offers outstanding career development within a meritocracy based environment.
For more information or to apply, please send an up to date CV in full confidence to Matt Harris on firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the link below.