Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Up to £60,000 per annum + 7K car allowance, 17% bonus
Application date: 20th Apr 2018
Due to continued growth, this global metals manufacturer is actively seeking a dynamic Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager is required to provide day to day operational leadership and strategic planning for the Manufacturing Department ensuring compliance with all legislation and best practice.
• To manage the Production Manager, Team Leaders and 94 production staff
• Support the Plant Manager on both operational activity and strategic planning.
• To deliver on KPI targets, to drive a culture of ownership within the company.
• Identify opportunities for making efficiency improvement utilising lean manufacturing methodology.
• To ensure the quality, safety and reliability of all production processes.
• Responsible for developing tools for accurate and on time reporting of KPI’s
• The establishment of Quality, Cost and Delivery indices and definition of performance targets in line with the company expectation and industry standards.
• To maintain 5S levels
• Comply with the Health and Safety Policy and procedures in accordance with Health and Safety legislation.
• Ideally you will have a metals manufacturing, automotive or heavy industry background
• Currently operating at Operations Manager level in a medium to large manufacturing organisation
• Strong people management skills to ensure development and support to direct reports.
• Team player motivated by success of the company, goal oriented, excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
This role offers an outstanding opportunity to join a global manufacturing business and offers an outstanding career development opportunity.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting Operations Manager opportunity.