Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Up to £60000 per annum + benefits
Application date: 23rd Mar 2018
My client is a US owned global engineering and manufacturing company with a strong reputation for quality and customer service.
They are currently looking for an Operations Manager to lead directly and indirectly a team of 90 operational staff.
The role will report directly into the Managing Director and will be responsible for managing day to day production and making sure production efficiency standards are maintained and improved.
Knowledge and Experience
• 5 years minimum hands on experience in an Aerospace or other manufacturing production or engineering discipline
• An ability to lead and inspire teams to achieve new levels of performance through empowerment and ownership
• Lean manufacturing knowledge
• CNC machining knowledge is desirable although not essential
• Robust personality with ability to challenge both people and processes.
• Ability to plan effectively and have a passion for manufacturing excellence and delivering above and beyond expectations – experience in a continuous improvement/lean manufacturingenvironment is a requirement
• Graduate degree or equivalent in either Manufacturing, Engineering or similar technical discipline is desirable
• Ability to problem solve at a high level and use initiative to overcome obstacles
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate across different levels and functional areas in the organisation.
• High level of safety knowledge and awareness.
You are likely to be currently working as an Operations Manager or Manufacturing Manager in a machined / metals component environment.
Please apply as soon as possible to considered for this attractive role as an Operations Manager with a world class organisation.