Recruiter: Optima UK
Application date: 26th Jul 2019
Our Client are specialists in fitted furniture, they have been helping people transform their living space for over 90 years.
A position has become available for a Production Manager, to produce product on time, in full, to the highest quality standards, whilst continually improving, with a factory we can be proud of and a well informed workforce. Through the effective management of people, product and processes whilst monitoring quality, cost, delivery, safety and morale.
To ensure that all staff are compliant to ISO 18001 2007 and ISO 9001 2008 procedures.
Key Responsibilities will include the following:
• Lead and motivate a team of Production operatives, managing all aspects of their performance and welfare
• Ensure that all H and S procedures are followed with all relevant paperwork/forms completed in time and in full. Ongoing monitoring of compliance to these and statutory rules as stated within our ISO 18001 2007 and statutory H and S legislation in general.
• Conducting H and S risk assessments both formally (Puwer and Task based assessments) and informally (as and when required)
• Planned Preventative maintenance will be required on all machinery throughout production and as such is the Production Managers role to ensure that these tasks are completed by their teams at the start of the shift in accordance with the Planned maintenance procedures.
• ISO 9001 2008 provides the framework for all the activities within the manufacturing division as such all aspects are required to be adhered to and monitoring of all staff to ensure compliance. Work instructions, Production support documents and forms provide the framework for the training of all staff with Job Trainers.
• Right First Time (Quality) targets are to be achieved as per the company targets
• Continually review operating processes in order to maintain “best practice” way of working
• Ensure recruitment, training and succession plans are in place to meet and deliver the business targets
• Ensure that all work is planned and completed within the timescales required
• Head Project teams to improve manufacturing from quality, efficiency, housekeeping, safety etc.
The Successful candidate will have the following:
• In depth knowledge of varying production methods
• Knowledge of just in time and support systems
• Significant experience within a fast moving manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of quality systems and working to quality standards
• Experience in continuous improvement/Lean techniques
• Experience of managing diverse teams in a pressurised environment
• To have worked with either ISO or BS750
• Ability to analyse and process large quantities of information
• Ability to make and action sound recommendations or improvements
• Excellent written and verbal communication to a wide audience
• Computer literate
• Valid UK driving licence
• Ability to recognise future issues and resolve prior to impact
• Ability to lead project groups
• Understanding of machines and the processes that they oversee
• Ability to meet customers and resolve issues on site whilst maintaining good customer relations
• An understanding of COSHH
• Strong communicator
• Seeks to improve business processes
• Excellent team player
• Leadership skills
• Proactive and willing to respond to change
• Able to encourage innovation in self and in others
• Provides a role model for others
• ILM Level 5 Certificate in management or equivalent
• Support colleagues with training and coaching, where your experience and knowledge can enhance their performance
• Clear understanding in financial targets
• Reporting data accurately
• Embrace Change, along with daily interruptions to planned workload
• Adapt a systematic and flexible approach to all workload requirements
• Using technology appropriately – Excel, Word, Outlook, in-house systems AS400, Intranet