Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Market related
Application date: 12th Jun 2020
Following a sustained period of growth and ongoing product development, our Client now requires an experienced Production Manager to manage all aspects of this design and manufacturing business for their site near Stourbridge.
Working across a range of sectors including aerospace in the UK and internationally, our Client produces tooling and fixturing designed in-house with manufacturing through a mixture of sub-contract and “in house” production. The fixtures are predominately for EDM processes but also include tooling for component machining and CMM applications.
• Manage the order book, taking project handover from the internal design office and ensuring delivery on time and within budgetary expectations
• Coordinate and manage the external supply chain – liaising with the internal purchasing team for the prompt placing of orders and proactive expediting of deliveries
• Choose the most efficient route(s) of manufacture – in-house vs external supply based on cost/delivery and best solution
• Supervise and Manage the shop floor – ensuring efficiencies and utilisation of equipment are maximised
• Providing Weekly and Monthly reports for the senior team
• Have close liaison with the Group Operations Manager to support process and company success
This role requires existing engineering-based experience and some management exposure. Specifically, candidates should have:
• A shop floor to office career path with working experience of machine tools – preferably apprentice trained
• Some managerial experience – team leader looking to progress, or, be an existing Production Manager seeking stability/change
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings & problem-solve with shop floor personnel and direct interaction with the design team and other business staff. Some customer contact may be required (some travel)
• Experience of dealing with external suppliers
This is an exciting new role and therefore candidates should be suitably educated and have relevant experience in machining, where possible with tooling/fixturing design and manufacture.