Sales & Marketing Director
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Location: Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire
Application date: 13th Oct 2017
The Sales and Marketing Director will be responsible for the growth of new business relationships and profitable sales along with further market expansion for the supply of bespoke narrow gauge rail products and services on a global basis, with a specific focus on the tunnelling and mining sectors.
The Sales and Marketing Director will support the relationship development with existing agents and customers as well as the identification and development of all new client relationships in the UK and internationally.
Working closely with the main manufacturing organisation in the UK, the successful candidate could potentially be based from a home office in their country of residence, or from the manufacturing site in the UK.
The Sales and Marketing Director will work to leverage the previous track record of our Client, particularly their recent successes working with globally recognised construction and underground railway brands, as well as mining companies across North America, South America, Asia and Europe.
Specific role activities will include:Development and implementation of strategic sales plans for the UK and overseas
• Development and implementation of strategic sales plans for the UK and overseas
• Plan and implement global marketing activities
• Develop and recommend product positioning and pricing strategies
• Develop profitable business with new and existing clients
• Successfully develop existing and future agent relationships
• Meet with clients and agents as well as attending relevant trade shows and industry forums, preparing and delivering relevant presentation material
• Complete successful negotiation and securing of profitable business
• Report to the Chairman and Board, engaging with the internal organisation as required
In support of this, suitable candidates will need to have/be:
• Direct business development, sales management and marketing experience at a senior level with an extensive track record of successful direct B2B relationship identification and development
• Have a good knowledge and experience of tunnelling and/or mining on an international basis, specifically at a tier 1 level
• Highly structured and motivated, able to work on their own as well as to work alongside the organisation’s UK offices and agents as necessary
• Proven business development lead identification and closure experience supported by sales negotiation, presentation and CRM exposure
• Minimum degree level qualification or equivalent professional accreditation
• A technical awareness with strong commercial acumen
• Able to travel internationally and on a frequent basis to support client and agent relationship development in support of securing successful sales growth
• Confident, highly focused and commercially minded
• Ability to identify and translate opportunities, meeting and exceeding clients’ rail based requirements
This is a new role and therefore the selected candidate will need to have a high level of professional sales focus and a determination to succeed with short-term progressive and longer-term strategic plan for growth. This role reports to the Executive Chairman.