Senior Automation Engineer
Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: £49,000 - £56,000
Application date: 9th Sep 2019
A new Battery Manufacturing Technical Centre are looking for a Senior Automation Engineer to aid in the up scaling of their R&D process. They have a new vacancy for an Automation Engineer. You will have previous experience of process line automation and control system integration. You will also be responsible for system design and software development on key projects from conception to site commissioning.
• Responsible for the safe execution of the reliability strategy and driving asset performance
• Provide automation support to all relevant projects as required
• Project management of new and modified plant installations
• Execute and/or supervise the development of specifications and software
• Management of automation system integrators and electrical contractors to meet project performance, timing and safety
• Identify initiatives to reduce costs and improve standards throughout the business
• Reviewing technical drawings and specifications
• Participating in functional design specification
• Analysing and interpreting technical data
• Educated to a HND level or above
• You will have worked in a similar position with previous experience designing PLC, HMI & SCADA systems for industrial applications.
• Experienced in the use of Rockwell and/or Siemens products
• You will be well-practiced with Microsoft Word, Excel and CAD.