Senior Engineering Manager
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience
Application date: 13th Apr 2018
We have an opportunity for a Senior Engineering Manager to join and help lead the Technical Engineering Services team, for an expanding Rail Refurbishment company of wheelsets and Bogies for high-speed transit locomotives and passenger trains and be based between their Manchester and Doncaster facilities.
The Senior Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing the day to day engineering activities of their teams within the two facilities. They will ensure that all products supplied by the company are in accordance with national and internationally recognised standards and customer specifications. They will be engaged in both heavy engineering and the assembly and overhaul of equipment and systems for the rail industry, servicing customers to tight schedules with safety-critical components.
• Manage the Engineering function of the business at both the Manchester Wheelset and Doncaster Bogie maintenance facilities.
• Provide positive technical leadership and direction to the engineering teams.
• Support the operations, quality, commercial and aftermarket project teams with technical support to ensure the smooth running of the business.
• Ensure product safety and reliability.
• Working closely with the Quality Manager to ensure technical compliance at all sites.
• Delivery of new and legacy product projects on time
• Managing engineering problems through to resolution whilst maintaining a commercial focus.
• Manage the performance and development of all members of the engineering department.
• Managing business improvement projects in line with the business strategic plan.
Experience and Qualifications
• Experience of leading an engineering team.
• Experience of other disciplines such as Operations, Lean Manufacturing and problem solving tools.
• Experience in the rail industry, particularly with wheelsets and bogies, is an advantage but not essential.
• Experience of working to strict safety critical quality standards such as RISAS.
• Service-oriented and commercial approach to customers.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Willing to travel within and outside of the UK.
Salary and Benefits
• Salary negotiable dependent upon experience
• Contributory Pension.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply below or contact Philip Delaloye on 01384 446192.