Apprentice Programme Manager
Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: up to £65,000 p.a.
Application date: 4th Jul 2018
The Advanced Manufacturing Training Centre is focused on developing, maintaining and building upon the vital skills required by manufacturing graduates, technicians, engineers and managers to deliver the technologies that keep the Great British manufacturing industry globally competitive.
Seeding the advanced manufacturing sector through the design, development and delivery of a range of education and training programmes from school engagement through to degree level is our core proposition hence the need for an Degree Apprenticeship Programme Manager to join the AMTC team.
Reporting to the Managing Director of the centre the Degree Apprenticeship Programme Manager will be accountable for the design, development and delivery of the pioneering training programme and holds full P&L responsibility.
Responsibilities will include;
• Design, develop and deliver the AMTC (Advanced Manufacturing Training Centre) training programme and grow to an average in learning of 300+ by 2020.
• Management of the apprentice training team and work with commercial and HE / Degree apprenticeship teams to support the delivery of high quality training..
• Apprenticeship marketing, recruitment and apprentice placement management.
• Employer engagement including organising and running PR events with the assistance of the team.
• Develop relationships with MTC members and customers to support the growth of AMTC Quality procedures and adherence to SFA, Awarding Bodies, Ofsted, Internal and External process and audits where needed.
• Full budget responsibility for ESFA income and all quality processes.
• Develop the Register of Apprentice Training providers (RoATP) strategy
• Produce reports aligned to the apprentice programme (financial, operations and key stakeholders)
• STEM activities and initiatives
You will have significant proven experience in leading a Degree Apprenticeship programme including managing an engineering training business or division setting up and growing training programmes.
Candidate should be able to demonstrate substantial achievements within the design, development and management of Degree Apprenticeship and Training Programmes within a technical sector as well as experience working in the Manufacturing sector, ideally holding a technical qualification.
You will have the determination to succeed and passion about the subject area and be highly articulate, highly presentable with excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills at all levels.
Able to travel throughout the UK, occasionally overseas if required and hold a current driving licence.