Recruiter: Evans Taylor
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 pa + car, bonus and benefits
Application date: 1st Dec 2017
Part of a truly global organisation spanning 5 continents, our client has an outstanding history in the design and manufacture of products for a diverse range of customers spanning across best in class sectors i.e. automotive, pharmaceutical etc.
Growth remains firmly on the agenda and we are looking to appoint an outstanding General Manager/Operations Director to this high profile position, who will lead an exciting change programme and ensure the business truly maximises its potential.
• Outstanding opportunity to lead a high profile facility and change agenda.
• You will understand the rigours and demands of running a complex manufacturing facility and will have the ability to identify opportunities and the know-how, to turn them into commercial reality.
• You will be required to define operational policy, develop a truly measurable continuous improvement culture and will be expected to lead the organisation towards best in class.
• You will be fully accountable for the day to day operational and strategic management of the business and will effectively manage all manufacturing and site activities, in order to meet the company’s financial performance criteria and to monitor performance against agreed key performance indicators.
• To formulate and implement plans to develop an effective operational structure and direct, coach, train and motivate teams towards the establishment of a continuous improvement environment.
• To implement a sophisticated change programme in terms of systems, processes and people and machinery.
• To recommend and implement new process flows in order to reduce non-value-adding labour time and waste.
• Creating a rigorous quality philosophy and drive this into every aspect of operator roles and responsibilities.
• To align process capabilities with the needs of the business, and control operating budgets and costs.
• This unique position demands an exceptional manufacturing/operations professional, who is seeking a highly visible role and you will relish the opportunity to develop your career in an organisation, where exceptional opportunities exist for high class performers.
• Of graduate calibre, you will have an outstanding track record in operational/general management gained within a best in class manufacturing environment. Experience of a converting or continuous process would be beneficial.
• Ideally with medium/high volume experience, you are likely to have experience of supplying into or working for a number of best in class sectors i.e. automotive, packaging, pharmaceutical, general engineering etc, where you will have knowledge of various processes and changeovers.
• You will be able to set a clear strategy for the business, inspire those around you and will set direction, give purpose and understand the levers to pull to drive performance through your teams.
• An entrepreneurial self-starter, agile, decisive and empowering, you will be the type who can champion change, introduce far reaching initiatives and will have the stature, presence, vision and drive to lead the business to unprecedented levels of performance.
Interested? Please reply with full CV and current salary details. Candidates who fail to respond in this manner cannot be considered. Quote reference number 15/259 to; email@example.com