Recruiter: Evans Taylor
Salary: c £80k to c £100k plus car, bonus and benefits
Application date: 31st Jan 2017
Part of a truly international organisation, employing in excess of 135,000 people across 22 countries, our client is the largest factory of its kind in the world. With outstanding brand recognition, they manufacture both branded and own label short shelf life food products to all of the leading supermarkets and key Out of Home customers. They have a market leading position within this dynamic industry.
Growth remains firmly on the agenda and we are looking to appoint an outstanding General Manager to this high profile position, who will lead an exciting change environment and take what has been in truth an underperforming site to truly world class status.
• You will understand the rigours and demands of running a complex manufacturing facility and will have the ability to identify opportunities and the know-how, to turn them into commercial reality.
• You will be required to define operational policy, develop a truly measurable continuous improvement culture and will be expected to lead the organisation towards best in class.
• You will be fully accountable for the day to day operational and strategic management of the business and will effectively manage all manufacturing and site activities, in order to meet the company’s financial performance criteria and to monitor performance against agreed key performance indicators.
• To formulate and implement plans to develop an effective operational structure and direct, coach, train and motivate teams towards the establishment of a continuous improvement environment.
• To implement a sophisticated change programme in terms of systems, processes and people and machinery.
• To recommend and implement new process flows in order to reduce non-value-adding labour time and waste.
• Creating a rigorous quality philosophy and drive this into every aspect of operator roles and responsibilities.
• To align process capabilities with the needs of the business, and control operating budgets and costs.
• This unique position demands an exceptional manufacturing/operations professional, who is seeking a highly visible role and you will relish the opportunity to develop your career in an organisation, where exceptional opportunities exist for high class performers.
• Of graduate calibre, you will currently be operating in a best in class, high process food manufacturing organisation where complexity (process, volume, changeovers etc) and ambiguity is part and parcel of everyday life. Experience of a daily fresh operation/short shelf life products would be a distinct advantage. As such, you are likely to have strong experience within the morning goods/food2go category i.e. baked goods, sandwiches, breads, pastries, continental, cakes, biscuits and ready made meals etc.
• You will be able to set a clear strategy for the business, inspire those around you and will set direction, give purpose and understand the levers to pull to drive performance through your teams.
• An entrepreneurial self-starter, agile, decisive and empowering, you will be the type who can champion change, introduce far reaching initiatives and will have the stature, presence, vision and drive to lead the business to unprecedented levels of performance.
Please apply with full CV and current salary details. Candidates who fail to respond in this manner cannot be considered.
Quote reference number 15/247 to; email@example.com