Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Upto £60,000 plus benefits.
Application date: 11th Jan 2018
Are you looking for an opportunity to work within a world class organisation in supporting the build of advanced assemblies for the automotive arena? Due to an increase in production levels and expansion of their manufacturing facility, this world class automotive tier 1 supplier is currently seeking an exceptional HSE Manager to provide day to day leadership, management and support to underpin a business plan and co-ordinate the formulation, implementation and monitoring of HSE policies. You will be expected to be the competent person for H&S, to provide specialist practitioner input in an advisory capacity and support and develop line managers and supervisors.
The role comes with great responsibility, but the key areas for the HSE Manager are:
• Create and set vision & strategic direction for HSE (in conjunction with Senior Environmental Officer).
• Create 3-year plan of strategic objectives.
• Set annual priorities & annual planned activity, including an action plan.
• Plan & maintain budget expense for H&S department & monitor Environmental budget in conjunction with Senior Environmental Officer.
• Coach managers to take ownership/responsibility for HSE in within their areas.
At this level you will be an excellent and persuasive communicator, having the ability to influence key stakeholders at all levels, not only will you have experience of the automotive supplier industry, you will have the following:
• NEBOSH Certificate.
• Substantial experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Significant experience in a supervisory role.
• Extensive knowledge of H&S Legislation.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Financial awareness and control costs.
• Able to work collaboratively with manufacturing supervisors and members of the Senior Management Team.
• Able to manage time effectively and work to deadlines applying a structured PDCA approach.
• Flexible approach with good communication and numerical skills.
• Good organisation and administration skills.
• Logical approach to problem solving.
• Excellent working knowledge of OHSAS 18001: 2007 SMS Standard.
• Working knowledge of ISO 14001
• MS Office Suite proficiency and Lotus Notes and AS400 knowledge.
• Negotiation and influencing skills
For your commitment to the job you can expect to be remunerated well and rewarded with professional support and training. Apply now, or contact us for further information.