Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Application date: 7th Sep 2018
An experienced Manufacturing Director is required for a specialist digital, print, and publishing business that works on a wide variety of prestigious projects. These unique projects require a fast response, but also a great deal of care and attention. Quality is absolute and due date delivery must be achieved. This is a fast paced, high variety environment that handles both volume production runs and bespoke one-off projects. This business, based in London, has a growing reputation for delivering exceptional products of the highest quality within the digital, print and publishing sector. To handle an ever-growing order book, they are now looking to recruit a proactive and forward thinking Manufacturing Director who has an exceptional understanding of digital technology used in print, reproduction, publishing & photography. This is a high-profile position that will require an engaging and approachable personality and involve close customer contact with high profile suppliers and clients. To be successful in the role you must be comfortable and confident working in a pressurised environment with the ability to impart change and deliver a culture of continuous improvement based on solid lean manufacturing principles.
To be considered for this Manufacturing Director position you must have:
• Significant experience working within a digital production environment with a strong understanding of reprographic technology and how this can be applied to deliver exceptional customer service.
• A thorough understanding of lean manufacturing methods and how these can be applied within a digital, print, reproduction, reprographics and publishing environment.
• A degree in a relevant engineering or manufacturing discipline ideally supported by a real interest in 4IR technology and its application and suitability within a fast-paced production environment.
• Excellent people management and leadership experience, lead by example, setting high standards with the ability to deliver a great customer experience that exceeds expectation.
• The confidence and credibility to deliver a programme of change that will overcome traditional ways of working and deliver a culture based on high performance and customer first.
• An ability to engage with people and build relationships based on trust and commitment across the business and with suppliers and key stakeholders.
This is a very high profile and pressurised role that will require excellent leadership skills and a real understanding of how you can apply advance manufacturing technology to a traditional working environment with minimal disruption but maximum benefit. It is likely that you will currently be working in the digital print, publishing sector or an advanced manufacturing environment that employs 4IR technology.