Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Up to £45,000 + bonus, life insurance, pension
Application date: 11th Jan 2019
My client is a well established manufacturer of machined and pressed metal components that are supplied into a variety of industries.
Responsible to the Operations Director you will lead the manufacturing teams across various manufacturing areas to achieve the production plan and ensuring productivity, production and quality targets are achieved through the most efficient and safe use of equipment, materials and manpower whilst fully supporting the introduction of New Products. The role will manage approximately 40 production personnel.
• Maintain a safe working environment
• Maintain the most efficient use and allocation of labour and monitor productivity, attendance, timekeeping and standard of work of all employees and taking appropriate corrective action
• Collect measures and report to the daily Gemba meeting. Ensure for any metric in red that an action plan is presented.
• Lead lean manufacturing process to ensure lean tools such as TPM, Kaizen, 5S, APQP and set up reduction are fully deployed in all areas.
• Contribute to the profitability of the business through productivity improvement, the minimisation of costs and expenditure and the continuous identification of cost reduction opportunities.
• Support New Product Introduction launch into the factory ensuring the project meets the agreed criteria.
• Manage customer complaints process and achieve quality and delivery targets set.
• Manage training and development programme for direct reports and ensure compliance to appraisal expectations.
• Support cost out and productivity for the factory and ensure kaizens are completed.
• Responsible for scheduling and production control
• Previous Manufacturing Manager or Production Manager experience
• Lean manufacturing knowledge and strong ethos of continuous improvement
• Ideally a machined component or pressings background is desirable although not essential
• HNC qualification or equivalent
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Production planning knowledge
• MRP skills