Operations Excellence Director
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Application date: 23rd Oct 2018
An experienced lean manufacturing professional is required for a specialist manufacturing company that produces bespoke items of exceptional quality and value. With a truly global reach this business works with high net worth individuals on complex special products that require the highest levels of care and attention. These products are unique “one offs” that are taken from concept to manufacture and full installation. Operating from a semi-rural location the aim will be to establish a centre of excellence applying the latest lean manufacturing concepts to create an environment that embodies the concept of the “Factory as a Showroom”. To achieve this, the owners have recognised the need to recruit a talented Operations Excellence Director who can deliver their vision. This will not be easy and will require the careful management of a highly skilled, talented and long serving workforce. The aim will be to take a cottage-based industry and deliver a World Class Manufacturing facility where clients will want their products made. This is an exciting opportunity to join a very special and unique business and guide it through a period of change requiring exceptional management and leadership skills.
To be successful in this role you must have a demonstrable track record of managing transformation projects that include the deployment of lean manufacturing and the development of a high performing culture that can deliver excellent customer service. As Operations Excellence Director you will need excellent communication skills be commercially aware and have a strong manufacturing and operations background. You must have the ability to deliver exceptional results achieving the highest levels of SQCDM standards.
To be considered for this Operations Excellence Director post you must have:
• Significant experience working within a low volume/high value bespoke or project-based manufacturing environment that has embraced and integrated a culture of continuous improvement.
• A thorough understanding of modern lean manufacturing principles including, JIT, 5S, SMED and problem-solving techniques, 8D, 5why, root cause analysis.
• A degree in a relevant engineering or manufacturing discipline ideally supported by a post graduate qualification and a genuine interest in advanced technology, laser scanning, robotics, additive manufacturing, CNC profiling, vision systems and the connected factory.
• Significant people management and leadership experience, lead by example, setting high standards with excellent project management skills.
• A dynamic and driven personality, confident and comfortable working across all levels of a manufacturing business and happy to get down on the shop floor and get stuck in when required.
• A real passion for coaching and mentoring with the ability to build high performing teams.
• An entrepreneurial and engaging nature, highly credible and professional, able to build robust working relationships internally and externally with suppliers and clients.
This will be a very interesting, challenging and rewarding position that presents a unique opportunity to work with a close-knit team making truly exceptional products. Your goal will be to achieve this while delivering the vision of the owners and creating a World Class production facility.