Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £65,000 - £80,000
Application date: 26th Oct 2018
An Operations Manager with strong experience of special purpose machinery manufacturing is required for a Birmingham based Systems Integrator.
The role of Operations Manager will include:
• Responsibility for a team of design engineers, controls engineers, mechanical and electrical fitters.
• Overall accountability for delivering projects in line with agreed time frames and budgets.
• Review complete life cycle of projects from tender through to commissioning and ensure a robust and cost effective process.
• Ensure the team are focused on project delivery and that attention to detail is upheld throughout all stages of design and production.
• Maintain profitability by reducing design errors and/or delays in production
• Recruit and retain highly skilled engineers.
• Strong focus on continuous improvement.
• Health and Safety
The suitable candidate for Operations Manager will need to possess the following experience:
• Experienced Operations Manager/Production Manager within special purpose machinery or capital equipment manufacturing.
• Technical qualification in mechanical or electrical engineering.
• Lean/Continuous improvement experience.