Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: circa £55,000 - £65,000 (DOE) + car allowance & pension
Application date: 26th Jun 2017
An experienced Operations Manager is required for an established SME Manufacturing business. As a manufacturer of low to medium volume assemblies the company has seen an increased interest in its products. With an ever growing sales pipeline the future is very positive and the order book continues to develop.
The Board, having reviewed the present production system, are looking to introduce lean manufacturing methods and an operations strategy based on rapid response, right first time and short lead time manufacturing principles. The role of Operations Manager will involve working with the existing production team to develop a modern lean production facility. The position requires an in-depth understanding of lean manufacturing and more importantly a track record that demonstrates an ability to work with people to create a sustainable continuous improvement culture that can deliver against exacting QCD targets.
To be considered for this Operations Manager position you must have or be:
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Manufacturing/Operations Manager or Continuous Improvement specialist within a fast paced production environment.
• A thorough understanding of JIT, 5S, Kanban, and pull systems is required together with problem solving tools such as 8D, 5 Why root cause analysis, A3 thinking or DMAIC.
• Experience of working within a fast paced, medium variety, medium volume assembly environment that could include automotive, electronics, electronic device manufacture or general engineering.
• A strong engineering or manufacturing background ideally degree qualified with experience of using modern ERP/MRP systems.
• A real passion for Continuous Improvement, establishing standard operating procedures and simple but effective KPIs.
• An ability to coach, train and educate employees in modern manufacturing techniques at all levels across the business will be required.
• Dynamic, data driven, numerate and prepared to do what it takes to get the job done.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, able to create understanding and a desire to change in the people you work with at all levels
This is a challenging high profile role and you will work as part of a close knit management team that will report directly into the Managing Director. The role of Operations Manager will be a catalyst for change and require strong leadership, management and decision making skills with a focus based on Quality, Cost and Delivery that ensures the highest levels of customer service.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail then please call 01384 446 113 and ask for Simon Roberts or alternatively please send your email and covering letter to email@example.com