Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Location: East Yorkshire
Salary: up to £85,000 per annum + benefits
Application date: 3rd Sep 2018
A global pioneering energy solutions company within the Oil, Gas and Power sector. This rapidly expanding and award-winning organisation are increasing their team due to continued success and future growth.
This is just one of many operations within the company’s portfolio, and a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Plant Manager looking to join an innovative and ground-breaking corporation.
This is an award-winning biomass power generation facility using fluid bed technology alongside a patented power module. The plant incorporates steam turbine operation and fuel handling equipment with on-site fuel storage and control room. Fuelled by Grade C waste wood, the operation is 24-hour, under the terms of an Environment Permit. The Plant is semi-operational with final commissioning due end of June 2018.
This role is suitable for an experienced Plant Manager wishing to develop their career in the biomass or waste to energy sector.
The new Plant Manager will work alongside the outgoing manager as the facility moves from a semi-operational phase to full operating and power export. They will work with the commissioning team to take handover of the fully operational Plant and be required to lead a newly appointed staff team, through the vital start-up process into full O&M mode. This will include ensuring adequate systems and processes are established in all areas.
Putting Health, Safety and the Environment at the forefront of operational priority, you will manage a safe and efficient operation, across the plant. Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be accountable for c25 direct reports, plus contractors on site.
You will ensure optimum operations and minimal down-time through effective site maintenance and operation. Ensuring the site operates in line with industry standards and regulatory requirements will be a critical part of the role, especially the management of the site Environment Permit. And you will be rigourous in maintaining the fuel storage and supply system to ensure safety and efficiency.
This is a new team operating and maintaining a new facility so motivating, leading, developing and progressing talent across the business, and working effectively through the on-site Management Team will be critical; heading up succession planning, recruitment plans and the mapping of future talent. In addition you will be responsible for key stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally, encouraging and ‘leading from the front’ in this high performing environment.
You will have financial control of the delegated Plant budget and be responsible for provision of evidence to ensure ROC payments are secured in full and on time, as well as overall responsibility for asset management on site.
As Plant Manager you will lead on ‘promoting’ the operations and business; representing the company at stakeholder meetings, networking events and act as the main point of contact for site.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Qualification in an Engineering discipline (Degree/ HNC/ HND) or similar
• Health and Safety qualifications (eg. NEBOSH or IOSH)
• Extensive experience managing plant operations in Biomass, Waste to Energy or Power Generation (Fuel handling preferred)
• Sound practical knowledge of Health and Safety regulations, particularly creating, reviewing and implementing safe systems of work
• Understanding of Pressure System Safety Regulations, in particular application and inspection of pressure pipework and vessels
• Ability to review SCADA systems
• Understanding of Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and electrical panel wiring diagrams
• Excellent communications skills
• A good level of IT capabilities, including report writing and presentations
• Experience managing building and O&M teams
• Project management experience from cradle to grave
• Able to travel UK wide
• Previous experience of managing P&L, budgets and standard financial management processes
What you will get in return:
• Basic salary up to £85,000 per annum – Dependant on experience
• Performance bonus
• Relocation costs considered for the right applicant
• Holidays 20 days + 8 statutory entitlement (increasing to a maximum of 24 with service)
• Pension scheme- Employer contribution 5%
• Predominately office hours with on-call and requirements to work out-of-hours to suit the site operations
• Excellent progression and promotion opportunities available
• Free Parking