Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000 + benefits
Application date: 5th Sep 2018
An international manufacturer is currently recruiting a Purchasing Manager. The successful candidate will have experience leading a team yet remain hands on in the purchasing function.
Part of the senior management team the Purchasing Manager will provide the strategic direction to the purchasing department through supplier selection, cost reduction, inventory management and the introduction of new processes and systems.
• Lead the purchasing team through developing and implementing robust procurement strategies
• Identify potential procurement problems and resolutions
• Source new suppliers where necessary
• Improve cost, quality and delivery performance
• Interface with Engineering to ensure support to new product introduction (NPI)
• Implement systems and KPI`s to measure, control and improve company purchasing spends
• Benchmark current supply base to prove cost/quality competitiveness
• Negotiate contracts with current / new supply base
• Implement cost down activities across all areas of the business
The successful candidate will have proven management experience in a purchasing function ideally with a low volume, high complexity business. With a hands-on approach you will have strong leadership skills and a demonstrable track record of cost reduction, process improvement and supplier selection.