Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Application date: 8th Nov 2018
A Quality Manager is require with experience of leading and developing the Quality Assurance function for a fast paced Automotive component supplier based in Birmingham. The Quality Manager will support Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety, offer timely and effective support to production and to ensure good effective communication with all customers and suppliers on all quality related issues.
As Quality Manager you will:-
• Set targets and actions for the quality team.
• Develop and maintain the Integrated Management System and other Quality, Environmental/Energy and Occupational Health & Safety related system requirements and operational procedures.
• Retain recognised Quality standards including IATF 16949, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 50001.
• Liaise with customers on quality related issues.
• Provide support and leadership to the SQA function.
• Train and develop all departmental personnel to a level that will ensure the company objectives are fulfilled.
• Lead Quality improvement projects to eliminate scrap and rejects.
• Develop and manage an audit programme and maintain it on schedule.
• Ensure compliance with all Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, company policies and procedures. Demonstrate commitment to continual improvement of OH&S performance.
The Quality Manager will have a proven track record in driving quality improvements in a Quality Management position within a manufacturing environment, ideally automotive. The Quality Manager will be experienced in leading quality improvement activities in the following areas in Six Sigma and Supplier Development and ideally have a background in Steel/Aluminium welding fabrication
Applicants should ideally be degree educated, have a hands-on approach with an exceptional level of communication skills in dealing with customers and workforce alike, with presence and a passion for the role. Self-driven with a positive “can do” attitude, fair but tough approach, respected for their commitment and determination to succeed. In return for your skills and experience the company will offer a competitive salary of £60K + Benefits.