Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: Up to £ 100,000 p.a. + Company Car/Allowance + Pension
Application date: 31st May 2017
A well respected national manufacturer of high-quality Sensors used in high-tech industries are looking to recruit a Sales Director. The role will see you responsible for current and future growth of the sales team. The ideal candidate will hold an Electrical Engineering qualification and have a technical knowledge of Sensors.
• Manage the day-to-day activities of the current sales team to ensure delivery of the short-term sales targets and improved accuracy of sales forecasting.
• Report on sales performance, highlighting future risks and opportunities, identifying sales and market trends, and propose
• Analyse current sales performance and current and future market opportunities, devise a sales plan to include direct and indirect sales, departmental budget, and a KPI plan. Gain agreement to the plan, and take ownership for delivery and reporting.
• Review the current team`s capability to deliver the agreed sales plan, identify gaps and implement appropriate coaching, training, and performance management to develop the required capability.
• Review the processes and tools, including CRM, used by the sales team, including the systems and support provided by other parts of the business. Identify and prioritise opportunities to improve, agree which changes are needed and implement as appropriate.
• Review the current commercial structures, including the approach to pricing, distribution, and contract terms. Identify, prioritise and gain agreement for necessary changes and implement as agreed.
• Work with the Director to review the business strategy including product vs. market focus, direct vs, indirect distribution, account management vs. customer acquisition, standard product vs. customised product.
• Ideally relevant degree or advanced professional qualification.
• Experience of working with and selling Sensors would be advantageous.
• Demonstrable experience in a similar sector, and able to represent the company at senior levels with customers, and at conferences and tradeshow events.
• Demonstrable experience in leading a successful sales team to retain and grow existing customer accounts and, target, acquire and grow new accounts.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, able to recognise capabilities within a team, and develop and deploy the necessary skills to achieve business goals.
• Excellent leadership skills, able to gain respect from the team, effectively implement change, and ensure adherence to agreed way of working.
• Demonstrable experience in identifying and implementing change in a SME sales environment.
• Excellent analytical skills (numeric and organisational), combined with the ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of an organisation.
• Well-developed business skills and experience including commercial, contractual and negotiating skills.
To apply to this role, please send an updated CV to James Sloane via email – firstname.lastname@example.org