Senior Quality Manager
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Application date: 31st Oct 2017
A Senior Quality Manager is required for this manufacturer of specialist metal components. As a business going through a period of transition and growth they are looking for a professional Senior Quality Manager who has a thorough understanding of manufacturing and quality techniques used in a high volume, lean manufacturing environment. A knowledge of metal forming/fabrication gained in a first tier automotive, general engineering or aerospace environment would be a distinct advantage. Working as part of the senior management team and reporting to the MD, this is a crucial role that requires leadership and the ability to direct and manage a plant quality team. As a catalyst for change you will implement new ways of working and further develop a culture of sustainable Continuous Improvement.
Duties will include:
• Overall responsibility for site quality performance and ensuring that quality KPIs are continuously managed, measured and improved.
• Managing, coaching and training the quality team and others ensuring they work to agreed quality standards and accreditations.
• Maintaining a continuous improvement focus on internal quality systems and procedures
• Management of supplier quality
• Identification of quality concerns and managing these using the appropriate quality and problem solving tools.
To be considered for the role of Senior Quality Manager you must have:
• A BSc. Degree, HND or HNC in a relevant Quality/Engineering/Manufacturing discipline
• Experience of working in a first-tier automotive environment, ideally having managed a quality team or group wide quality function
• A thorough understanding ISO/TS16949 and a qualified auditor
• A strong working knowledge of APQP and PPAP processes
• Experienced in the use of problem solving tools and techniques including, 8D, DMAIC and A3 thinking
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to build robust working relationships with internal & external stakeholders, including suppliers and customers
• A clean driving licence and valid UK/EU passport
This is a highly successful company with ambitious plans. This appointment will build on an established quality function and further enhance its reputation across the business. Although a high level of leadership/management is essential, the role will require a hands-on approach and the practical application and implementation of quality standards, tools and techniques.