Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: £49,000 - £56,000
Application date: 27th Feb 2019
A newly formed Battery Manufacturing Technical Centre are seeking an experienced Technical Manager to support the business and manufacturing operations. Experience within automotive or high volume automated manufacturing would be advantageous.
Working as a key part of the management team you will act as the competent person for all technical operational requirements of the business. The role will involve;
• The Technical Manager will lead and manage the research, design and manufacturing processes of the business.
• As Technical Manager will be responsible for the implementation and review of health and safety in the workplace, risk assessments and method statements.
• You will manage the quality control team as well as the laboratory operations.
• Responsible for both on and off site technical support to the client base, as well as implementing agreed plans to expand the business.
You will be an experienced manufacturing based Technical Manager with a minimum of 5 years` experience and hold the relevant qualifications, you will have a strong mix of the following skills and experience;
• Degree Qualified within an Engineering Discipline
• Proven experience within a similar role
• Manufacturing experience, ideally within automotive industry.
• Ideally experience with Lithium-Ion Battery Technologies or similar
• Proven management and leadership skills
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills, comfortable communicating at all levels and externally to clients/customers.
This role offers an outstanding opportunity to join a world leading immerging technology business, driving the advancement of battery technologies in the UK. The role offers outstanding career development within a truly exciting sector and manufacturing environment.